Professional liability insurance from CBW can help you and your firm pay defense costs and judgments that come from claims of professional negligence, error, or omission.
- Architects & Engineers Professional Liability:
Under this professional liability insurance policy, certain architects and engineers are protected from claims alleging a negligent act, error or omission in the performance of their professional services.
- Accountants Professional Liability:
This policy provides certain accountants and related businesses protection from claims alleging a negligent act, error or omission in the performance of professional accounting services.
- Dentists Professional Liability:
Under this policy, certain dentists are protected from claims arising out of a Dental Incident (i.e. act, error, omission or mistake) in performing professional services. Professional services are dental services the insured is trained, licensed and qualified to perform.
- Employment Practices Liability (EPLI):
Business owners with employees need EPLI to cover claims for harassment, discrimination or wrongful termination. It is specifically designed to help protect the insured and their business in the event an employee brings a suit or administrative charge.
- Miscellaneous Errors & Omissions Liability:
Under this policy, specific customers are protected from liability arising from a negligent act, error or omission in the performance of their professional service. An important benefit of this product is coverage for legal defense costs. Even when found innocent, the legal costs can be substantial.
- Not-For-Profit Directors & Officers with Employment Practices Liability:
This product is similar to the above EPLI, but protects the directors and officers of not-for-profit organizations in the event of a suit for an actual or alleged wrongful act in connection with management. EPLI coverage is also included to help protect the organization in the event that an employee brings a suit or administrative charge related to the organization's employment practices. This may include charges for sexual harassment, discrimination or wrongful termination.
- Technology Services Errors & Omissions Liability:
This policy protects specific types of businesses that provide their customers with technology services. This coverage can help protect the insured from liability arising from mistakes, whether real or alleged.
Professional Liability Insurance for Small Businesses
Professional liability insurance offers different types of coverage for small businesses:
- Alleged or actual negligence ? Protects a business against actual or alleged errors and omissions when providing professional services, such as giving incorrect advice, an omission, or failing to deliver a service.
- Defense costs ? Provides legal defense when a covered claim is reported.
- Personal injury (e.g., libel or slander) ? Can provide protection for small businesses against both libel and slander if it?s committed as part of your professional services.
- Copyright infringement ? Can provide coverage for damages or claims expenses for copyright infringement.
"We provide Professional Liability Insurance at the best prices"
Do I need professional liability insurance?
Professionals that operate their own businesses need professional liability insurance in addition to an in-home business or businessowners policy. This protects them against financial losses from lawsuits filed against them by their clients. When liability is limited to acts of negligence, professional liability insurance may be called "errors and omissions" liability.